We are excited to announce the First Pride St. Charles Pride Parade! We are celebrating our 5th Anniversary and want to make it a complete celebration. Our theme is Reflections… Looking Back, Marching Forward. We want you to be a part of this HISTORY MAKING year. This is going to be an amazing celebration of community, reflections, and progress.
Reminder: This is a RAIN OR SHINE event. Unless the Festival is canceled, the parade will not be canceled.
• All submissions must be received by June 1, 2019.
• Submissions will be based on availability upon receipt.
• Pre-Parade Meeting – each entry contact person is required to attend a pre-parade meeting TBD. You will be notified of the time and location.
• Cancellations and Refunds – Applications may be cancelled at any time prior to June 1, 2019, upon written request prior to June 1, 2019. However, there will be no refunds of parade entry fees unless the event is cancelled by the organizers.
• Check-In – Each entry contact person must check in beginning at 7:00am and no later than 8:30am at the Check-In Station located at Bales Park. Parade begins at Bales Park and proceeds to the Bishop’s Landing for disbursement.
• Placement – PRIDE ST. CHARLES reserves the sole right to place parade participants in any order deemed appropriate. Placement is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Restricted Objects – None of the following items may be handed out or be a part of your contingent without the prior written approval of the Gay Pride Parade organizers: live animals, air horns, or amplified sound (must adhere to City of St. Charles ordinances). Furthermore, PRIDE ST. CHARLES prohibits the following items along the parade route: glitter, confetti, streamers, coins, tokens, silly string, glass bottles, balloons filled with anything other than helium or air, body armor, bricks, stones, projectile launching equipment, operational gas masks or any other item that may contribute to litter on the street may not be distributed by any parade participant.
• Item Distribution – Items disbursed should have some intrinsic value, providing enough enticement for spectators to keep the items rather than throwing them on the ground. Items to be distributed during the parade must have been previously approved by the parade committee. Condoms, dental dams and personal lubricants may be handed directly to persons 18 years of age or older. Conserve disbursement items so that they last the length of the parade route. All entries disbursing items should have walking members (monitors) to hand items into the back of crowds, pick up dropped items and be sure they clear the parade way. No participants in the parade may distribute sexually explicit or suggestive materials.
• Alcohol or Drug Use – Alcohol and drug use are prohibited in the parade staging area or on the parade route.
• Good Taste – Nudity, public lewdness, indecent exposure or obscenities are prohibited by state and local laws. All entries and individuals must exhibit good taste or be removed from the parade. PRIDE ST. CHARLES Pride organizers shall have sole discretion to determine violations of this rule.
• Confirmation Notification – Confirmation notification will be emailed as applications and payments are received.
• Contingent Monitors – Each contingent MUST provide monitors for their group based on the following ratios – 1-9 people = 1 monitor; 10-20 people = 2 monitors; 21-40 people = 4 monitors; and 41+ = 2 monitors for every 20 people. People in or on motor vehicles are considered people in your group. The contingent monitors will walk alongside the parade contingent. Their role will be to ensure proper and safe behavior and adherence to the parade rules. Your monitors must know these rules.
• Live Animals – You must have written permission from PRIDE ST. CHARLES to include live animals in your contingent. All animals must be on a leash or appropriately restrained. Contingents must follow safety codes for the City of St. Charles and are responsible for ensuring their compliance. You are responsible for cleaning up after your animals. Any obvious animal abuse will be reported to the St. Charles County Humane Society and St. Charles City Police and will result in removal from the parade.
• Motor Vehicles – All motor vehicles in the parade must be properly registered and insured on the day of the parade, and all drivers must have a valid driver’s license. This will be verified on the day of the parade. Drivers must report to the Parade Check-In and will be required to sign a liability release form. Failure to provide valid licenses, proof of insurance, or to sign the release form is grounds for removal from the parade.
• Floats – Floats and decorated vehicles must have a fire extinguisher on board at ALL times. Any electrical generators on floats must be properly secured to the float and pass all fire and safety checks.
• Fire Inspection – Fire Inspection: Pre-parade fire inspection will be TBA. Entrants who do not pass all inspections may be removed from the parade.
• Behavior – Courteous and respectful behavior is required at all times. Individuals or groups exhibiting abusive or inappropriate behavior towards parade organizers or others may be removed from the parade. Please do not engage or antagonize any protestors who may be present at the parade.
• Political Statements – Any political statements or endorsements made by participants, in the parade, are not necessarily the opinions of PRIDE ST. CHARLES.
• Trademarks – PRIDE ST. CHARLES reserves the exclusive right to use its logo, name, marks, symbols, and other intellectual property. Any use of these without express written consent is a violation of these rules and will result in expulsion from the event.